Project Engineer I/II, Water/Wastewater – Houston
ABOUT THE JOB
The ideal candidate will be responsible for preparing proposals on a variety of technical tasks, assist in engineering design calculations and deliverables, make independent decisions about assigned areas of responsibility, and prepare basic calculations for water lines, sewer lines, pump stations, wastewater treatment plants, etc. In order to be successful, this candidate should feel comfortable taking on many tasks that require various skills and appropriately prioritizing those tasks’ completion.
- Prepare preliminary analysis on a variety of technical tasks.
- Assist in engineering design calculations and deliverables.
- Make independent decisions about assigned areas of responsibility.
- Prepare basic calculations for water lines, sewer lines, pump stations, wastewater treatment plants, etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Activities include research: preliminary design calculations, fieldwork, and observation.
- Take personal responsibility for quality of tasks performed.
- Participate in review of task-level assignments.
- Demonstrates willingness to accept new challenges and learn the specialized field.
- Perform project assignments within the scope of work and guidelines provided by the PM within the schedule provided.
- Collaborate with drafting personnel and technical staff on project-related assignments.
DESIRED QUALITIES & ATTRIBUTES
- Basic CAD experience.
- Basic GIS experience.
- Preferably has a previous internship in a related field (water/wastewater).
- Civil Engineering degree
- Must be able to pass the FE exam and obtain EIT certification within one year of joining the company.